Friday, September 18, 2009

HELLO

Having never blogged before, I find my debut here a challenge. Mostly, I want to be readable, in other words, interesting, and in doubting my ability to be so, I set myself up to fail. Doubt instills no will to try. But my longing to achieve remains, so I am going to try ignoring my doubt, how about that? We shall see.
My name is Audrey, and I am a student. Right now, my academic home is Purdue University, although anyone reading this blog, except for my course companions perhaps, will probably find that difficult to believe. The reason? It's September 17th, West Lafayette is busy, yet I'm in Cleveland, Ohio, with no 8 a.m. alarm set to get me going and actually with nothing to do tomorrow. I might wake up around 9, that's when the cat usually barges through my door to press his wet nose to my chin, forehead, cheeks, and anywhere else my skin is bare of covers. He's my sister's cat, Hermes, and I think he's half monkey, but that's irrelevant. Momma and I might run out to do a few errands in the afternoon before returning home for a delayed lunch. Later, I'll write a bit, work on my messy room, then have dinner and retire, again with no alarm; matter of fact, I unplugged my alarm earlier because I simply don't need it, it had been blinking from the last power outage for a week anyway.
Lazy? At least is it for a college student. I have to admit that I've wished more than once in the past three weeks that I was in West Lafayette with a pile of biology books surrounding me and dinner with a friend coming up in maybe an hour and a half. I do miss my bike as well. It's in the garage, but I don't have any crowds to beat. You may be wondering why I have chosen not to return to school? The answer is that Venice trumps West Lafayette, Indiana. In two weeks, Venice is where I will be. Keep reading this blog, and you will see that I am on the verge of possibly the best semester of my Purdue career, although I hope it's not, (meaning I want my semesters to get better and better, not for this one to turn out terrible). I will no longer be lazy in two weeks. In Venice, I will be studying, or devouring because I know that it's going to be a lot of fun, the history and character of an amazing city. On top of that, I think I will learn a lot about myself due to the abundance of required writing assignments, including this blog, in which I will analyze not only what I see in Italy but also how I see it as an individual. All of these assignments will be posted here for anyone's critique.
This first post, merely an introduction and a warm-up, has taken me a while to write in truth. I had two sizable interruptions caused by the sudden, rapid approach of a fat, little spider that almost conquered me, twice. Very scary. In the end, I won... and finished writing.
To the people who knew me before they read this: you are not obligated to read everything I post... seriously; but if you do read something, you can be cool and leave comments. To everyone: Thanks for reading. Assignments are next.

2 comments:

  1. haha i gave you a point for being boring. but i read the whole thing, so it must not be boring. Thanks for mentioning Hermes - I'm sure he cares (NOT). But I do. yay! Anyway, I found your blog. And it's cool. I will keep reading. K bye love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks... i read this a long time ago, but I was thinking about hermes who is going through tough times right now. poor hermes

    ReplyDelete